We provided the following nonpartisan LWV information to help voters:
VOTE411.org (Internet). Candidate and ballot measure information goes online March 27, 2018. Enter your address to bring up the candidates and measures that will appear on your ballot.
CANDIDATE FORUMS, with Co-Sponsor Interfaith Alliance on Poverty at Multnomah County Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Videos will be available shortly after the forums on the League’s YouTube channel. You may also click below on the title of the forum you want to see.
- April 10 Forums – Four groups of candidates. Watch the videos of these forums by clicking on the links below.
- Metro President (Note that candidate Michael Langley accepted our invitation, but did not come. Therefore this video shows only candidate Lynn Peterson.)
- Multnomah County Auditor + Multnomah County Auditor, opening and closing statements only
- Multnomah County Chair + Multnomah County Chair, opening and closing statements only
- Multnomah County Commissioner District 2 + Multnomah County Commissioner District 2, opening and closing statements only
- April 24 Forums – Three panels of candidates. Watch the videos by clicking the links below.
- Portland Commissioner Position 2 + Portland Commissioner Position 2, opening and closing statements only
- Portland Commissioner Position 3 + Portland Commissioner Position 3, opening and closing statements only
- Metro Councilor District 2 and Metro Councilor District 4 + Metro Councilor Districts 2 & 4, opening and closing statements only
Sponsors: Multnomah Bar Foundation, Paloma Clothing, MetroEast Community Media, LWV of Portland Education Fund and the Sara Frewing Fund.
OREGON AND MULTNOMAH COUNTY VOTERS’ GUIDES (printed in English and Spanish) will be available beginning April 10th at the LWV of Portland office (618 NW Glisan St., Ste. 303), at LWV Candidate Forums, at all branches of the Multnomah County Library, and at many other places. PDF copies are available by clicking on the titles below:
- Multnomah County Voters’ Guide (English)
- Multnomah County Voters’ Guide (Spanish) GUIA DEL VOTANTE EL CONDADO DE MULTNOMAH
- Oregon LWV Voters’ Guide (English) Statewide and federal candidates
- Oregon LWV Voters’ Guide (Spanish) GUIA DEL VOTANTE OREGON
VIDEO VOTERS’ GUIDE recordings of interviews with state legislative candidates running for election in Multnomah County, as well as interviews with statewide and federal candidates. These video recordings are online here.
OTHER ELECTION INFORMATION for the Oregon May 15th Primary Election
- April 24 is the last day to register to vote.
- April 27 ballots will be mailed.
Voting in the Oregon May Primary – You may vote for nonpartisan candidates and ballot measures, even if you have not registered for a political party. As a registered voter in Multnomah County, you can vote for nonpartisan city, county and Metro candidates. In order to vote on partisan candidates (such as for Governor, Legislature, Congress), you must be registered with the party of the candidate.