Our Mission: Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters’ goal is to empower citizens to shape better communities world wide. We:
- Acts after study and member agreement to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all government levels.
- Build citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Engage communities in promoting positive policy issues through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) citizen education organization that helps people, in the United States and abroad, to thoughtfully engage in the democratic process. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information about elections and the voting process.
We believe in:
- Respect for individuals.
- The value of diversity.
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities.
- The power of collective decision-making for the common good.
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism.
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public.
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership and programs.
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.