Important dates for this election:
- October 7 – 10 – Voters’ Pamphlet mailed to all residential households by the Oregon Secretary of State’s office.
- October 12 – Gresham Voting Center Express opens.
- OCTOBER 13 – VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE. Voters can check or update their voter registration information after this deadline. Learn more and check or update your registration online here.
- October 14 – Ballots begin to be mailed to voters.
- OCTOBER 27 – Last day to safely return your ballot by mail. After that date voters must use an official drop site.
- NOVEMBER 3 – General Election date (Ballots due by 8:00 p.m.)
League of Women Voters Nonpartisan Information
We add election information to this page as it becomes available. Click on the links below to view our resources. The League of Women Voters of Portland offers:
- Nonpartisan candidate and ballot measure information on VOTE411.org. Information in both English and Spanish for the candidates and measures on your ballot.
- Online and printed copies of our nonpartisan Voters’ Guide in English and Spanish featuring Oregon and Multnomah County candidates and measures. Printed copies will be available in early October at Multnomah County Election Offices in Portland and Gresham, as well as eleven Multnomah County New Seasons Grocery Stores and by request from LWV of Portland. (Call 503-228-1675.)
- Online PDF of LWV of Oregon 2020 General Election Voters’ Guide
- Online PDF of LWVPDX Nov 2020 Multnomah Co. Voter’s Guide
- Haga clic aqui para leer en línea LA GUÍA DEL VOTANTE.
- Click here to read explanations of all the ballot measures that will be on Multnomah Co. voters’ ballots.
- Visit our Voters’ Guide page to find links to information about all the candidates running in Multnomah County.
- Recorded candidate and measure forums for Portland Mayor, Portland City Council Position 4, Metro Council District 5, and Circuit Court Judge District 4, Position 12. Plus four forums on local ballot measures 26-213, 26-215, 26-217 and 26-218, with pro and con speakers.
A video voters’ guide to candidates running for U.S. Congress, Oregon State Legislature, Gresham Mayor, and Gresham City Council.
We produce our videos of election forums and video voters’ guides with the help of MetroEast Community Media. MetroEast also broadcasts LWVPDX videos on their public access TV channels. These are Comcast channel 29, Comcast HD 329, and Frontier Channel 27.
The election information in our voters’ guides is totally nonpartisan and as unbiased as we can humanly make it. However, as part of our advocacy work, we do take positions on ballot measures. We only take a position if we have carefully studied the issues involved. If you would like to see where we stand on the measures in the 2020 General Election, click here.