This short video on Reducing Our Carbon Footprint is one of a series of videos that are excerpts from longer recordings of forums. We take the most interesting statements from the panel discussions.
What you can learn about reducing your carbon footprint
Find out what you, your city and your business can do to protect our planet. How can we cut carbon emissions and limit the harm to our environment, climate and health? Three speakers talk about what the City of Portland, Oregon businesses and individuals are doing now. Then they discuss their visions for the future. There are many exciting ideas about how our lives will change in the next few decades, if we want to reduce the harm caused by carbon emissions.
Watch the best 20 minutes of this discussion by clicking the arrow below.
Highlights videos are shortened versions of recorded panel discussions about important civic issues. The League presents these panel discussions during many months of the year. The full discussions often last more than an hour. But now you can see a shorter version with the most important points. Highlights videos are typically 20 minutes long.
View the highlights of what was said by clicking on the titles below.
This is short video on Homeless Voices is one of a series of videos that are excerpts from longer recordings of forums. We take the most interesting statements from the panel discussions.
What you can learn about solutions to homelessness
Listen as people who have been homeless talk about their experiences and how they found ways to change their lives. These highlights from their remarks open a window for understanding how people become homeless, their feelings while homeless, and what they need to return to living successful lives in a community.
View online recordings of the LWV of Portland election forums for candidates in the May 15 Primary Election. See the candidates and compare what they have to say. Be informed when you vote!
These Candidate Forums, co-sponsored by the Interfaith Alliance on Poverty, were held at the Multnomah County Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Below is list of the forums.
- April 10 Forums – Four groups of candidates. Watch the videos of these forums by clicking on the links below.
- Metro President (Note that candidate Michael Langley accepted our invitation, but did not come. Therefore this video shows only candidate Lynn Peterson.)
- Multnomah County Auditor + Multnomah County Auditor, opening and closing statements only
- Multnomah County Chair + Multnomah County Chair, opening and closing statements only
- Multnomah County Commissioner District 2 + Multnomah County Commissioner District 2, opening and closing statements only
- April 24 Forums – Three panels of candidates. Watch the videos by clicking the links below.
- Portland Commissioner Position 2 + Portland Commissioner Position 2, opening and closing statements only
- Portland Commissioner Position 3 + Portland Commissioner Position 3, opening and closing statements only
- Metro Councilor District 2 and Metro Councilor District 4 + Metro Councilor Districts 2 & 4, opening and closing statements only
Sponsors: Multnomah Bar Foundation, MetroEast Community Media, Paloma Clothing, LWV of Portland Education Fund and Sara Frewing Fund.