Watch these debates including both candidates for each office and pro & con speakers for each measure
October 2, 7 – 9 pm
Portland Commissioner Position3, JoAnn A Hardesty vs. Loretta Smith
also October 2:
- Ballot Measure 103, prohibiting taxes/fees for “groceries”
- Ballot Measure 26-201, Portland’s retailer surcharge for clean energy projects.
October 9, 7 – 9 pm
- Multnomah County Auditor, Scott Learn vs. Jennifer McGuirk – in partnership with the City Club of Portland
also October 9:
- Measure 105, repealing the law limiting state and local enforcement of federal immigration laws
- Measure 26-199, Metro affordable housing bonds
- Measure 102, allowing local bonds for financing affordable housing with nongovernmental entities
Both evenings will start at 7 pm in the Multnomah County Boardroom, to the right off the lobby of 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
You won’t want to miss watching these informative forums live in person or via the YouTube recordings on our website. Understand the issues & candidates.
View online recordings of the LWV of Portland election forums for candidates in the May 15 Primary Election. See the candidates and compare what they have to say. Be informed when you vote!
These Candidate Forums, co-sponsored by the Interfaith Alliance on Poverty, were held at the Multnomah County Board Room, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Below is list of the forums.
- April 10 Forums – Four groups of candidates. Watch the videos of these forums by clicking on the links below.
- April 24 Forums – Three panels of candidates. Watch the videos by clicking the links below.
Sponsors: Multnomah Bar Foundation, MetroEast Community Media, Paloma Clothing, LWV of Portland Education Fund and Sara Frewing Fund.
More LWV News
Watch and listen to the candidates for Portland City Council Position 3 as they answer questions on the issues they will face if elected.
Listen and watch the candidates for Portland City Council, Position 2, as they answer questions about their views on the issues they would face if elected.