Once you become a member, you can join a “Unit”! Units are small group meetings – often in a member’s home – where you can discuss current civic issues. Units provide opportunities to become better acquainted with other members. In addition, Unit discussions can lead to recommendations about local advocacy and educational activities. Unit members’ opinions, formed through in-depth discussions, substantially influence the League’s program planning and advocacy positions.
Units meet monthly (except in December and summer), in neighborhood locations across Portland. You can attend any unit that occurs at a time and/or location convenient for you–just find a unit below that you want to attend, then find the Unit Leader’s contact information in your Membership Directory. Note that the locations for some units vary from month to month.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Portland Units, 2019-20:
In February 2020, the Unit meeting schedule is as follows:
- Unit 1 – Monday, February 24th, (the 4th Monday evening of the month) from 7- 9 pm at the home of Jane Gigler. Colleen Shoemaker, Unit Leader and Discussion Leader.
- Unit 2 – Monday, February 24th, (the 4th Monday morning of the month) from 10 to noon at the home of Mary McWilliams. Paulette Meyer, Unit Leader and Discussion Leader.
- Unit 4 – Thursday, February 20th, (the 3rd Thursday of the month) from 1 to 3 pm, at Holladay Park Plaza – 1300 NE 16th Avenue 97232. Anne Pechovnik, Unit Leader.
- Unit 5 – No meeting in February. This Unit usually meets the 3rd Saturday of the month from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm, at Terwilliger Plaza – 2545 SW Terwilliger Blvd 97201. Linda Mantel, Unit Leader.
- Unit 6 – Tuesday, February 25th, (the 4th Tuesday of the month) from 9:30 to 11:30 am at the home of Joanna Cain and Norman Turrill; Christine Moore, Unit Leader.
- Unit 7 – Monday, February 17th, (meets the Monday after the Civic Ed program) from 1 to 3 pm, at the home of Alyda Gilkey. Debbie Aiona, Discussion Leader. Corinne Paulson, Unit Leader.
Unit 1: 7-9 pm (4th Monday) (This is the only Unit that meets in the evening.) Unit Leader – Colleen Shoemaker
Unit 2: 10 am-noon (4th Monday) Unit Leader: Paulette Meyer
Unit 4: 1-3 pm (3rd Thursday) Unit Leader: Anne Pechovnik, Holladay Park Plaza penthouse, 1300 NE 16th Ave. 97232
Unit 5: 10:30 am-12:30 pm (3rd Saturday) (This is the only Unit that meets on a Saturday.) Unit Leader: Linda Mather, Terwilliger Plaza, 2545 SW Terwilliger Blvd. 97201
Unit 6: 9:30-11:30 am (4th Tuesday) Unit Leader: Christine Moore
Unit 7: 1-3 pm (the Monday after the Civic Ed program) Unit Leader: Corinne Paulson
Note that for January 2020, Unit 7 will meet on Monday, January 20, instead of Monday, January 13.)
Unit 8: Searching for a New Leader! This is an online unit that sometimes operates when members are interested in meeting virtually. It does not meet unless someone volunteers to lead it. To see more about how it worked, click here. Participants could join the virtual discussion at anytime.