Contact the office for information about bringing a League Speaker to your organization or event.
Volunteers in our Speakers' Bureau are trained to share well-researched, nonpartisan information.
Our speakers can address:
- Voter registration and the mechanics of voting. Our speakers can help your audience register (or update their registrations) on the spot.
- Importance of voting and civic particiation.
- Activities and history of the League of Women Voters.
- Local and state ballot measures (during election season). League speakers are trained to share balanced information that will help voters make informed choices on their ballots. Our presentations provide background information and discuss both pros and cons for each measure. For the November 2008 election, our volunteers spoke to over 950 people at 40 speaking engagements.
- Any topic that the league has studied or taken a position on (see our web page "Where We Stand" at http://lwvpdx.org/issues-and-advocacy/where-we-stand)
To schedule a League speaker for your group, please contact our office at 503-228-1675 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpful details to provide when you contact us include:
- Your Name, Phone Number, Email
- Organization/Group name (and Website if you have one)
- Proposed date, time, and location
- Size of group (and any other notes about the potential audience you would like to provide.)
- Topic(s) of interest