Action Committee News
Get all the details about recent Action Committee activities: testimony, letters, action alerts, monthly meetings, field trips, and more.
Monthly Action Committee Meetings
Upcoming Meetings -- All members invited. Contact Debbie Aiona with questions.
- October Action Committee Meeting: Legislative Update Guests Norman Turrill (LWVOR action committee & LWVUS Board Member) and Kate Titus (Director, Oregon Common Cause)
Friday, October 25, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Board of Trade Building, 310 SW 4th Ave., room 433
- November Action Committee
Meeting: Proposed Water and Sewer District Bob Sallinger (Portland Audubon Society) will discuss his organization's opposition to the initiative removing authority from the city Water Bureau and creating an independent board;
Friday, November 22, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Board of Trade Building, 310 SW 4th Ave., room 433
For older items, visit our Monthly Action Committee Meetings Archive.
- Testimony on FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force
March 2013 -- League Testimony before the City Council regarding the Police Chief's Annual Report.
- LWV of Portland Supports Children's Levy & Metro Parks Levy
March 2013 -- League positions on the upcoming Children's and Parks & Natural Areas Levies.
- LWV Oregon Recommendations on Ballot Measures
October 2012 -- LWV Oregon urges YES vote on Measures 78 and 85 and NO vote on Measures 79 and 84.
- LWV Portland Supports Library District and School Bond Measures
October 2012 -- LWV Portland urges YES vote on Measures 26-143 and 26-144.
For older items, visit our Testimony & Action Alerts Archive.
There are various opportunities available to League members who want to help make a difference by getting actively involved in the community.
(1) Attend action committee meetings and increase your understanding of critical issues facing Portland.
(2) Add your name to the action and/or Portland Plan email list and receive reminders of monthly Action Committee meetings, Portland Plan public engagement opportunities and announcements of other meetings related to League issues.
(3) Become a League observer by attending public meetings and reporting back to the committee.
(4) Choose an issue, follow it closely and help shape League strategy in that specific area.
Contact the League Office (503-228-1675 or email@example.com) or Action Chair Debbie Aiona for more information about how you can get involved.