Action Committee News
Get all the details about recent Action Committee activities: testimony, letters, action alerts, monthly meetings, field trips, and more.
Monthly Action Committee Meetings
Upcoming Meetings -- All members invited. Contact Debbie Aiona with questions.
For older items, visit our Monthly Action Committee Meetings Archive.
- Letter to City Council on Proposed Changes to Urban Renewal Districts May 2014-Comments to Mayor Hales' proposed changes to Portland Urban Renewal Districts.
- Comments to City Council on Joint Terrorism Task Force March 2014--League comments regarding the Police Chief's Annual Report.
- Memo for Fairness Hearing for Settlement Agreement Jan 2014 --Memo to U.S. District Court Judge Michael Simon regarding Fairness Hearing on Department of Justice Settlement Agreement with the City of Portland on Portland Police Bureau's use of excessive force
Testimony on FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force March 2013 -- League Testimony before the City Council regarding the Police Chief's Annual Report.
- LWV of Portland Supports Children's Levy & Metro Parks Levy
March 2013 -- League positions on the upcoming Children's and Parks & Natural Areas Levies.
For older items, visit our Testimony & Action Alerts Archive.
There are various opportunities available to League members who want to help make a difference by getting actively involved in the community.
(1) Attend action committee meetings and increase your understanding of critical issues facing Portland.
(2) Add your name to the action and/or Portland Plan email list and receive reminders of monthly Action Committee meetings, Portland Plan public engagement opportunities and announcements of other meetings related to League issues.
(3) Become a League observer by attending public meetings and reporting back to the committee.
(4) Choose an issue, follow it closely and help shape League strategy in that specific area.
Contact the League Office (503-228-1675 or email@example.com) or Action Chair Debbie Aiona for more information about how you can get involved.